Saturday, April 4, 2009

Temple Trip

Every Thursday I have been trying to take Ava out on a little mother daughter time where she and I get to spend some one on one time together. Last Thursday I took her to see the Temple where David and I got married. She called it the castle. Lately she has been into witches and dragons and towers and castles. I tried to explain to her that it was called the temple and that Daddy and Mommy got married there, which only sparked her to say that she wanted to get married too.
We had a fun time smelling the flowers and walking around. She loved running on the grass and I got lots and lots of great pictures. She wanted to go inside and I told her that she had to wait.
We met a elderly missionary couple who Ava so fondly called grandma. It was sweet. I love the temple. It made me think of the day that I received my endowments before my mission and then the day that David and I got married. I will never forget running late and walking into the foyer to see him sitting there waiting for me a little sunburned from his morning at the beach. Now I have one more memory to add of our sweet little girl running amuk on our special day.





2 comments:

  1. that is super sweet. the pics are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ava looks so beautiful!! We are definitely jealous of the sunshine you are enjoying. We miss you guys and hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete