Monday, April 14, 2008

No Deal!



A couple of weeks ago, David and I were watching Deal or No Deal, when across the bottom of the screen flashed a notice that they were going to holding auditions for the show in two weeks. I told David, "We are going." Since that moment I have been feeling and dreaming about what it would be like to win the million. I decided that Davy and I needed shirts. I made us shirts and even had the community members and people that I work with it sign my shirt.


Well... Saturday morning we woke up at 5:30, and drove from Grantsville to Salt Lake City and waited in line with over 7, 000 people for 20 seconds of time to meet with the producers of the show. They took us in groups of ten and you had 20 seconds to tell about yourself and if they liked you then they would ask you to stay. I was doing good just until the time, we were about to meet with the producers and David asked me, "Are you nervous?" I wasn't til I started thinking about it and then it went down hill. Needless to say, they did not ask me to stay, but... they asked David to stay. I couldn't believe it. I have always maintained that people like David better then me, but this proved the hypothesis. He made it through the third round before getting cut and ending my deal or no deal dream. Well... it makes a good blog page.

Afterwards, as David and I were driving away, he said to me, "Why don't you think that you made it?" I said I didn't know. He looked at me and said, "You looked really nervous. You didn't make eye contact and you itched your arm a lot." He then reiterated that I was really nervous. I finally said, "David, I'm okay that I didn't make the show. I"m not okay you keep telling me why I didn't make it." I guess we never know how important eye contact really is.

3 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally can't picture you nervous! It still sounded fun... Too bad you didn't make it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it were up to me, I would have picked you. DEAL!

    ReplyDelete