Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ava's Trip to the Dentist



After Ava's well child check (everything was great. She is in the 70th percentile for weight and 74th for height) we made an appointment for her first dental check. Ava went to the dentist on Monday July 7, 2008. Happy Birthday Mom and Dad! I tried to get her all excited about it because I read that kids do not have the same fear of dentists that adults do, but if they see how you react, then they will be scared too. I am finding that I have a dance for everything these days with Ava. The potty dance, the dentist dance, the clean up dance. She and I went and they called our name and she about ran back. She grabbed my hand. She did really good. They flossed her little teeth, but then when they wanted to do the noisy spinny tooth brush she cried. She then let me brush her teeth with fluoride and the dentist came and looked at them. He said that they were perfect. She had four more molars to come through, one on each side up and down, but no concerns. He said that they are finding lots of cavities in babies ages 1-2 on the upper teeth and the back teeth. They let Ava pick a new tooth brush and she picked the one that is pictured above. They also gave her a little floss set. She did really good and I was proud of her. We then had to do the finished dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment